Environmental Health Science

Exam Information


In order to be licensed as a pharmacist in Utah, applicants must pass the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) and the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination for Utah (UT MJPE). Both of these exams are administered by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP).

Foreign-Educated Pharmacists

Applicants for the Utah Pharmacist license, who received their education and/or license in a foreign country, must be certified by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC).  In order to receive this certification, candidates must pass the Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) administered by NABP.

Pharmacy Technicians

In order to be licensed as a pharmacy technician in Utah, applicants must pass either the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (PTCE) administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the Exam for Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) administered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).