Apply for a Dispensing Medical Practitioner License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Have an active Utah license as a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or optometrist. Be associated with a dispensing medical clinic.

If your intention is to prescribe controlled substances please submit the controlled substance application found at

Apply Online