Exam Information

In order to be licensed as an architect in Utah, applicants must submit passing scores on all divisions of the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) developed by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).

Applicants applying with a current NCARB Council Record are not required to submit exam information as it is contained in the council record. Applicants without a current NCARB Council Record, who passed the ARE for states other than Utah, must request an official verification of their scores be sent directly to DOPL.