Apply for an Architect License (Out-of-State Applicants Not Applying by Endorsement)

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Current NCARB Certification (contact NCARB to request transmittal to Utah).


  • One of the following:
    • Graduation from an accredited NAAB or CACB program.
    • Foreign Education: Completed EESA Comprehensive Evaluation.
    • Licensed practice as a Principal for 5 of the last 7 years in another state.
  • Verification of licensure in another state
  • Passed all divisions of the Architect Registration Exam (ARE).
Apply Online