Renew an APRN with Controlled Substance License
- APRN licenses expire on January 31 of even years.
- At least 60 days prior to the expiration date of a license, DOPL mails a renewal notice to the licensee's address of record. (Failure to update your mailing address could prevent you from receiving the renewal notice and other important correspondence from DOPL. Log into eGov to update your mailing address.)
- If your license has been expired less than 2 years, you can still renew online or with the manual renewal form. You will be charged a reinstatement fee in addition to the renewal fee.
- Reinstatement fee for 30 days or less: $20
- Reinstatement fee for between 31 days and 2 years: $50.
Before proceeding with renewal, the following requirements must be met:
- You are currently certified or re-certified in your specialty area OR, if licensed as an APRN prior to July 1, 1992, you have practiced at least 400 hours during the past 2 years AND have completed 30 hours of approved continuing education.
- Completed at least 4 hours of approved continuing education in controlled substance prescribing per license renewal period, including: 3.5 hours of approved controlled substance education AND .5 hours from DOPL's online controlled substance tutorial.
- Completed at least ONE of the following online suicide prevention trainings (these qualify for CE credit):