Apply for an Medication Aide License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

Attention:  Aside from a military member or military spouse, there are no "licensing by endorsement" options available for medication aides.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Take and pass the MACE exam.
  • Fingerprint cards: If you are utilizing the DOPL fingerprinting services, please submit your licensing application prior to making your appointment for fingerprinting. Visit our Fingerprint Information Page for details.
  • Be  ready to upload your official verification of current certification in good standing as a Certified Nursing Assistant with the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry.
  • Be ready to upload your certificate of completion and/or transcripts from an approved Medication Aide Education Program .
  • Be ready to upload the completed Verification of Active Practice as a Certified Nurse Aide form.
  • Be ready to upload a letter of recommendation from each of the following who have supervised your work as a CNA:  
    • A long term care facility administrator; and
    • a licensed nurse.

Apply Online