Apply for an Medication Aide License
Attention: Aside from a military member or military spouse, there are no "licensing by endorsement" options available for medication aides.
The following requirements must be met:
- Take and pass the MACE exam.
- Fingerprint cards: If you are utilizing the DOPL fingerprinting services, please submit your licensing application prior to making your appointment for fingerprinting. Visit our Fingerprint Information Page for details.
- Be ready to upload your official verification of current certification in good standing as a Certified Nursing Assistant with the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry.
- Be ready to upload your certificate of completion and/or transcripts from an approved Medication Aide Education Program .
- Be ready to upload the completed Verification of Active Practice as a Certified Nurse Aide form.
- Be ready to upload a letter of recommendation from each of the following who have supervised your work as a CNA:
- A long term care facility administrator; and
- a licensed nurse.