Marriage and Family Therapy

Apply for an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist Extern License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Produce certified transcripts evidencing completion of a clinical master's degree in marriage and family therapy or equivalent from a program accredited by a professional accrediting body approved by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation of the American Council on Education at the time the applicant obtained the education.
  • Deficient no more than a combined total of six semester or eight quarter hours (refer to R156-60b-102 (2) for specific courses allowed)
  • Completed a clinical practicum of not fewer than 600 hours which includes not fewer than 100 hours of face to face supervision and not fewer than 500 direct contact hours of face to face supervised clinical practice of which not less than 250 hours shall be with couples or families who are physically present in the therapy room
  • Completed Education course requirement pages and providing a copy of the graduate catalog course description and/or syllabus of any identified course.
Apply Online