Professional Engineering / Professional Land Surveying

Apply for a Professional Structural Engineer License (Out-of-State Applicants Not Applying by Endorsement)

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

Education (one of the following)

  • Bachelor degree or higher from an EAC/ABET or CEAB accredited engineering program;
  • Foreign degree in an engineering program deemed equivalent by an NCEES Credentials Evaluation;
  • Post-graduate degree from an engineering program when obtained from an institution which offers the same specific EAC/ABET or CEAB accredited bachelors or masters engineering program.

Experience and Examination

  • Complete the experience requirements as outlined in R156-22-302f and 58-22-302(2)(d).
  • Pass the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Examination (FE) and one of the following:
    • the NCEES SE Examination
    • the NCEES Structural I and Structural II Examinations
    • an equivalent 16-hour state written examination
    • the NCEES Structural II exam and an equivalent 8-hour state written examination.
Apply Online