Controlled Substance Database
Licensed Practitioners with a Controlled Substance License may request proxy access to the CSD for properly trained designees. Designees will be granted a unique log-in and may then access the CSD on behalf of the practitioner.
While there is no limit on the number of designees a practitioner may have, the practitioner is responsible for each designee, and any searches performed. Practitioners must notify the Division immediately of any disassociation of a designee .
To apply for Proxy Access:
- Download and complete the Application Form
- Have EACH prescriber/dispenser complete an Affidavit of Practice (second page of the application).
- Include a legible copy of your Driver License or State-Issued Id Card
- Create your Utah ID (see the checklist at the end of the application for instructions).
- Submit the completed and signed application:
- Via Fax: (801) 530-6315
- Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person or Express Delivery:
Division of Professional Licensing
Heber M. Wells Building, 1st Floor Lobby
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City UT 84111
Proxy Access Tools & Resources:
- The Controlled Substance Database Designee/Proxy Search Tips is available to help manage searching rules and other important information.
Designee and Proxy Search Tips
- The following is available to assist with Changing and Updating Passwords: Password Update Instructions