Exam Fee Changes Coming Soon! (Posted April 29, 2022)
Effective May 16, 2022, the Utah Contractor Business and Law exam fees will be increasing by $10. For questions or comments regarding this change, please contact email@example.com.
NOTE: The Utah Contractor Business and Law exam is now offered in both English and Spanish.
Each of the following Contractor license classifications must take the Utah Contractors Business and Law Exam. For specific information about the exam, please review the following: Examination Handbook.
- B100 General Building Contractor
- E100 General Engineering Contractor
- R100 Residential and Small Commercial Contractor
- E200 General Electrical Contractor*
- E201 Residential Electrical Contractor*
- P200 General Plumbing Contractor*
- P201 Residential Plumbing Contractor*
* Must have a Master's license classification in this trade
To Schedule an Exam:
- Create an account at https://provexam.com/scheduler/ . You have the option to take this exam at most college and university testing centers in Utah and throughout the US.
- Out-of-State Testing (In-person only): Contact Prov directly to make testing arrangements. The phone number is 877-228-3926.
- At-Home Testing: You may also have the option of using an on-line proctoring test platform known as Examroom. To verify your computer equipment will run Examroom, please use this system check tool prior to registering for your exam: On-Line Proctoring System Check
- Electronic submission of exam results will be sent directly to DOPL from Prov.
If you have any additional QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, or COMPLAINTS that you are not able to address with the Exam Administrator mentioned above, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.