Exam Fee Changes Coming Soon! (Posted April 29, 2022)
Effective May 16, 2022, the Utah Therapeutic Recreational Technician Theory exam fee will be increasing by $10. For questions or comments regarding this change, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three license classifications available for Recreational Therapy in Utah: Therapeutic Recreational Technician (TRT), Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (TRS), and Master Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (MTRS). The exam requirements for each license are listed below:
Therapeutic Recreational Technician (TRT)
- Utah TRT Theory Examination
To schedule this exam:
- Create an account at https://provexam.com/scheduler/ . You have the option to take this exam at most college and university testing centers in Utah and throughout the US.
- Out-of-State Testing: Contact Prov directly to make these arrangements. Their phone number is 877-228-3926.
- At-Home Testing: You may also have the option of using an online proctoring test platform known as Examroom. To verify your computer equipment will run Examroom, please use this system-check tool prior to registering for your exam: On-Line Proctoring System Check .
- For more information on this exam, please visit this link: Examination Handbook .
- Electronic submission of exam results will be sent directly to DOPL.
Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (TRS)
Applicants for this license are not required to pass any exams but are required to be certified as Therapeutic Recreational Specialist by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC). For more information: NCTRC Website
Master Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (MTRS)
Applicants for this license are not required to pass any exams but are required to be certified as Therapeutic Recreational Specialist by the NCTRC. For more information: NCTRC Website
If you have any additional QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, or COMPLAINTS that you are not able to address with the Exam Administrator mentioned above, you may contact email@example.com.