Clinical Mental Health Counseling

Apply for an Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor Extern License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

If you have a degree in mental health counseling or a related field but are deficient in course work, you may apply for an externship license.

If you are unsure which license to apply for, click here for additional information.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Master’s or Doctorate degree in Mental Health Counseling program or equivalent field that is accredited by CHEA.
    • Submit OFFICIAL transcripts that identify the degree earned and date conferred.
    • Submit Course descriptions or syllabus for EACH course
    • Complete and submit the EDUCATIONAL COURSE REQUIREMENTS pages with the deficiencies identified.
Apply Online