Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling

Apply for a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Official transcripts documenting completion of a master’s degree in rehab counseling or a related field. A related field includes any of the following: psychology, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, professional guidance and counseling, social work, educational counseling, educational psychology with rehabilitation counseling emphasis, special education with rehabilitation counseling emphasis, or any other field deemed substantially related to the practice of rehabilitation counseling by the Board and Division. Transcripts can be sent via secure email from your school’s registrar’s office to b8@utah.gov or mailed to:
    Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
    PO Box 146741
    Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
  • "Verification of Experience" documenting 4,000 hours of disability related work experience under the supervision of a licensed as a vocational rehabilitation counselor.
  • You are ready to upload a copy of your Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Examination administered by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certificate.
Apply Online