Genetic Counseling

Apply for a Temporary Genetic Counselor License

Military Resources: If you are a military member or military spouse, please review our Military Resources page before applying.

The following requirements must be met:

  • Official transcript documenting a Master’s or Doctoral degree in genetic counseling from an approved program. Note: Transcripts are considered "official" when they are sent directly from the school to DOPL or sealed in an envelope bearing the school’s stamp/seal on the envelope flap.
  • Letter verifying "Active Candidate Status" approved by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
Apply Online