Exam Fee Changes Coming Soon! (Posted April 29, 2022)
Effective May 16, 2022, the Utah CPA Law and Rule exam fee will be increasing by $10. For questions or comments regarding this change, please contact email@example.com.
In order to be licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Utah, you must pass three exams:
Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination (UCPAE)
You can apply for the UCPAE online through the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA).
AICPA Professional Ethics: The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Comprehensive Course.
This course is an AICPA requirement needed in order to be eligible to take the accompanying ethics exam necessary for State licensing. There are two options available for completing this requirement:
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA)
You can purchase and study the AICPA Professional Ethics course manual. Once you are comfortable with the material, you can use the provided registration code to log on to the AICPA site and complete the required licensing exam.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
This is a fully automated, online course. Upon completion, you will be given the opportunity to take the required licensing exam.
Utah Laws and Rules Exam
- To Schedule this exam:
- Create an account at https://provexam.com/scheduler/ . You have the option to take this exam at most college and university testing centers in Utah and throughout the US.
- Out-of-State Testing: Contact Prov directly to make testing arrangements. The phone number is 877-228-3926.
- At-Home Testing: You also have the option of using an on-line proctoring test platform known as Examroom. To verify your computer equipment will run Examroom, please use this system check tool prior to registering for your exam: On-Line Proctoring System Check .
- For more information about the exam, please review the following link: Examination Handbook .
- Prov will electronically send the results of your exam directly to DOPL.
- If you have additional questions, concerns or comments that you are unable to address with the exam administrator mentioned above, please contact DOPL at firstname.lastname@example.org.