Filing a Complaint
- It is important for you to complete all sections of this report so your complaint can be fully evaluated.
If a particular section does not apply to your situation, simply write "N/A" (not applicable) in the space.
- By law, complaints concerning a violation of Utah's occupational and professional laws are not public information.
- DOPL can be contacted by phone at (801) 530-6630. Office hours are Monday through Friday (except legal holidays)
from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mountain Standard Time.
- You can contact DOPL by e-mail at DOPL@utah.gov.
- Please be advised that DOPL will not act as your attorney for purposes of settling, recovering monetary loss, or
performing any other dispute resolution between you and any person whom you feel may have violated Utah's occupational and
professional laws. Any person who has been damaged or lost money as the victim of a licensed or unlicensed professional should
immediately contact his or her personal attorney about the possibility of resolving the dispute through negotiation or legal process.
- Further, DOPL cannot perform investigations for the benefit of your personal litigation. However, your complaint is critical in that it informs DOPL of a possible violation of the occupational and professional laws.
- Once your complaint is reviewed, you will be notified regarding what action DOPL can take.
Click Here to File a Complaint Online
Click Here to Download A Document to Fill in and Mail